How to get around administrator password for your Windows
As a common computer user, you may come come across how to get around administrator password on your computer, such as create a new password, change login password, remove your windows password, reset or recover the lost password. In this post, you will learn how get rid of your windows password.
The methods below work on windows 8, 7, vista, xp, 2012, 2008, 2003 and 2000.
- 1. Create a new password for your windows
- 2. Change your windows password
- 3. Remove your windows password
- 4. How to get around administrator password if forgot it
1. Create a new password for administrator account. Steps as follow:
- 1.1 Start -> Run -> type in: cmd.exe -> Choose cmd.exe and run it (If in windows vista or later, you must run it as administrator).
- 1.2 In command prompt, type in: net user administrator <new password>, and press enter to set a new password for administrator account.
2. Change password for administrator account.
Run command prompt as administrator, type in: net user administrator <new password>, and the press enter to change the password.
3. Get around administrator password – Remove it.
- 1. Run command prompt: Start -> search -> type in: cmd.exe -> double click “cmd.exe” to run it. In windows 7 or later, you must right click and choose “Run as administrator” to run it.
- 2. Remove password for administrator account: in command prompt, type in: net user administrator “”, and then press enter to run this command.
4. How to get around administrator password if forgot it.
If you forgot the windows administrator password of your computer, you can try the following way to get around it before you make a decision to formatting the hard drive and reinstalling a new system.
4.3 Get a password recover software and use it to recover the lost password. See How to reset a windows password with software if forgot it.
4.4 If you have trouble to put the methods above into practice, and you have very much important data on your computer, you can take your computer to the computer repair store to be repaired.
- locked out of Windows 7 forgot password
- I forgot my windows 8 password on my laptop
- How to Unlock windows 7 password
- How to bypass Windows 7/vista/xp password