Install windows 8 with usb
Few years ago, we need a CD/DVD-ROM and a Windows Installation disc to install a windows system. However, install windows with CD/DVD disc is not the only way today, because we can use a USB flash drive to install a windows, including windows 8, 7, vista and xp.
So if you download a windows installation image file from the internet, you don’t need to burn it to a CD/DVD disc and a CD/DVD drive to install it any more. What you need is just a USB flash drive with the capacity larger than 2GB.
In this article, we will shows you the step by step guide to install windows 8 from a USB drive.
Main steps of to install windows 8 from USB drive:
- Step 1. Download Finalbooster and install in in a windows.
- Step 2. Use Finalbooster to create a Windows 8 usb installation disk.
- Step 3. Set your computer to boot from the Windows 8 usb installation disk.
- Step 4. Install Windows 8 by following the windows 8 installation wizard.
On fours steps, I think the key steps is how to create a Windows 8 usb installation disk, so i will focus on how to create use software to make a windows 8 USB disk.
Tips: If you have trouble on setting your computer to boot from USB flash drive, you can refer to How to set your comptuer (laptop) boot from CD/USB drive quickly. If you need more detail on step 4 (Install Windows 8 by following the windows 8 installation wizard), see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install.
Detail on how to create a windows 8 usb install disk:
1. Download and install a Windows installation disk creation program. You can use the following two programs to create a Windows 8 USB disk.
- 1.1 Finalbooster. Tips: Here will take this software as example to show you how to create a Windows 8 usb installation disk.
- 1.2 Windows 8 USB install tool.
2. Insert USB drive to your computer, and start Finalbooster.
3. Click “Browse” to choose the Windows 8 setup image file. It is a ISO image file.
4. Click “Burn to USB” to burn the Windows 8 setup image file to the USB drive.
5. When you get “Burning successfully!” message, you have created a Windows 8 installation usb disk successfully. You can take this USB installation disk, and go to Step 3 to set the computer which you want to install windows 8 on to boot from USB drive.
Supplement: To use the installation disk to install windows 8 on other computers, you should connect the USB flash drive with the computer first and then restart the computer. Before entering into the operating system, you can press “delete or F2 or F8” to enter BIOS setting to set boot from USB hard disk. Then save it and exit. Do it as the prompt.