What to do if I forgot my windows vista password?
What to do if I forgot my windows vista password? This is a question usually being asked on forums. When this issue happen to you, what you can do to fix it? In this post, I will show you the best answers which are collected from the forums all over the internet to help you solve the problem.
1. Reset the forgotten vista password with vista password reset disk.
If you have created a vista password reset disk before forgetting login password, you can follow the guide in this page: What to do if you forget your Windows password, to reset a new password to the user.
If you don’t have a password reset disk, you can get a third party program to create a third party password reset disk to unlock the locked user, or you can use Windows PE boot disk to boot the locked computer and create a VB script to reset its password. See method 2 and method 3.
2. Reset forgotten password with third party software.
With third party software, you can create a bootable password reset disk, and reset the forgotten password for vista at any time. Lots of password software can help you unlock your computer when you forgot login password. Such as Spower Windows Password Reset Professional, Pakey Windows Password Recovery.
You can see the step by step guide to reset vista password with Spower Windows Password Reset software at How to use Spower Windows Password Reset Professional.
3. Reset vista password with Windows PE boot disk.
If you know how to write a VB script to reset a windows password, you can create a Windows PE boot disk to boot the locked computer and reset it password. The main steps as follow:
- 1. Get Windows PE boot disk from Microsoft official site.
- Download Windows® Automated Installation Kit (AIK) for Windows® 7
- 2. Create a Windows 7 PE live cd.
- 3. Boot Your Vista computer from Windows 7 PE live cd.
- 4. Create a VB script and set the locked computer to run VB script when it starts up.
- 5. Reboot computer to make VB script to run and the password will be reset.