Forgot Windows Server 2003 administrator password
Forgot Windows Server 2003 administrator password? Have no idea to recover the lost password and regain access to the windows? Follow these ways which shows you how to reset the forgotten windows 2003 administrator without any password.
1. Reset Windows server 2003 administrator password with install disk.
This method describes how to use windows server 2003 install disc to reset the administrator password for win 2003. This method works for local and domain user.
- Set the server computer to boot from CD-ROM, and boot the server computer from Windows server 2003 install disk. Tips: When "Press any key to boot from cd...." message appears, press any key to boot from install disk.
- When install options appear, select repair windows by command.
- When command prompt appears, type in "net user administrator password123" to reset a new password to the administrator user.
- Type in "shutdown -t 0 -r" to reboot computer. Remember to take out the install disc when computer rebooting.
2. Reset forgotten administrator password with third party software
Compare to the method 1, this method is very easy and simple to carry out. Many windows server password recovery program are able to reset the forgotten administrator password without any password. If you have no idea on choosing the best one for you, here I recommend a professional windows server 2003 password recovery program: Spower Windows Password Reset Ultimate. Spower Windows Password Reset Ultimate can help you create a USB or CD password reset disk and reset windows server 2000/2003/2008 local and domain user password easily without losing any data.
Step by Step guide to reset windows server 2003 administrator password:
Step 1: Download Spower Windows Password Reset Ultimate and install it.
Step 2: Start Spower password program, and follow the step by step guide to create a password reset disk.
Step 3: Unplug the password boot disk and use it to boot the locked server computer. Steps as below:
- Set the server computer to boot from USB or CD drive.
- Insert password boot disk to the server computer.
- Restart the server computer.
Step 4: After Spower password program starts up, select the administrator user and click the Reset button to create a new password to it (The password will be set to Spower@123456789 by default).
Step 5: Click Reboot button to reboot computer, and eject the password reset disk when "eject disk" message pop up.
- Windows password reset
- Windows 7 password reset
- Reset windows 2008 domain admin password
- Remove administrator password
- Very good - very good effort - thank you – I was able to add a user with this version of the tool and logon! As long as the user is a member of the administrators group - I was able to reset the password of an existing administrator type account and logon. So it appears the product works fine now. Thanks, the Windows 2003 PE was a nice touch also!
- Now I have set password to all account of my PC. I don't want it to be hacked in a few second.
- Dear tech support, many thanks for your em ail. It did work. I am able to remove the admin password. Thanks