How to reset administrator password Windows Server 2008 r2
Help please! Need help to reset administrator password Windows Server 2008 r2!
I forgot windows server 2008 r2 administrator password. Administrator is the only account of my server computer, so cannot get into my server when i lost its password. My server is a domain server, so I cannot use ophcrack and Chntpw to recover or reset the lost password. ophcrack and chntpw work fine with local user but not with domain user on server computer. I need help to recover windows server 2008 r2 password. Anyone can help? - A question from Microsoft community.
Windows server 2008 r2 forgot administrator password? How to get into get around it? This article will discuss efficient solutions to reset windows server 2008 (r2) administrator password and regain access windows when forget administrator password.
Solution 1: Reset administrator password for server 2008 (r2) with reset disk
If you have created a password reset disk earlier, now you can reset the lost password with that disk easily. Unfortunately, if don't have a reset disk, you can get a password recovery software to create one immediately, see solution 2.
With a server 2008 password reset disk, you can get into your windows easily. Boot server computer to the login screen, and then attempt to login with a long password. You will get a message "The user name or password is incorrect". Close that message, you will see "Reset Password..." text under password box. Click that text to start password reset wizard. When wizard starts, it is easy to create a new password for current user by following the instructions.
Solution 2: Reset server 2008 administrator password with Spower software
No matter what reason you lost your login password, and no matter what the local user and domain user password is lost, this method can help you reset a new password to the locked user and get into windows in a few minutes. To make Spower software work, you just need a USB flash drive, a CD/DVD rewrite device as well.
Steps to use Spower software to reset windows server 2008 (r2) password:
1. Get Spower password reset software special and install it to a accessible computer. You can download the trial version from here:
2. Make a Spower password reset disk with Spower software. Insert USB drive or CD/DVD disc, and then follow the wizard to create a Spower password reset disk.
3. Boot the server computer from Spower password reset disk. Note: make sure you have set your server computer to boot from USB drive or CD/DVD drive before do thing this steps.
4. Reset server 2008 password.
When Spower software starts, select a user and then click "Reset" button to set a new password to it. A default password which meets the password policy is offered. If you know the windows 2008 password policy, you can change a new one for it.
5. Click "Reboot" to restart computer and then you can logon with new password.
Tips: If your server computer is a Raid Server (Raid 0, Raid 1, Raid 0+1, Raid 2, Raid 3, Raid 4, Raid 5), Spower program will say "No Windows Found". You can get Spower password reset Raid edition to solve this problem.
- Windows password reset
- Windows 7 password reset
- Reset windows 2008 domain admin password
- Remove administrator password
- Very good - very good effort - thank you – I was able to add a user with this version of the tool and logon! As long as the user is a member of the administrators group - I was able to reset the password of an existing administrator type account and logon. So it appears the product works fine now. Thanks, the Windows 2003 PE was a nice touch also!
- Now I have set password to all account of my PC. I don't want it to be hacked in a few second.
- Dear tech support, many thanks for your em ail. It did work. I am able to remove the admin password. Thanks