How to recover win 7 password | Win 7 password reset disk
Forgot win 7 admin password, and was locked out of windows 7? And are you looking for recovery solutions to recover win 7 password? Don’t upset. Keep reading, and you will get right way to solve your problem.
If you set a new password to your win 7 user account, and you do not use it for long time, you may forgot the user login password, and you are locked out of windows 7. If this happen to you, don’t format hard drive and reinstall win 7. Methods shown in this article will help you recover win 7 password immediately.
Method 1: Reset lost password with Win 7 password reset disk
If you have create a win 7 password reset disk before forgetting win 7 login password, you can get the password reset with the disk in seconds. Follow the instructions below:
- 1. Insert USB win 7 reset disk.
- 2. Boot the computer to win 7 login screen.
- 3. Click the user account you want to reset its password, and attempt to login.
- 4. If attempt to login with wrong password, you will get the message “The user name or password is incorrect”. Close the message, and a text button “Reset Password…” appears. Click the button, and a wizard runs.
- 5. Follow the password reset wizard step by step, and set a new password to the user account.
Method 2: Recover Win 7 password with Spower software
If method 1 do not work for you, you can take this way to create a win 7 password recovery disk with third party software.
Steps to recover win 7 password:
- Step 1: Download Spower Windows password reset software and install it to a accessible computer.
- Step 2: Insert USB flash drive to computer.
- Step 3: Run Spower Windows password reset software and use it to create a USB win 7 password recovery disk.
- Step 4: Set the locked win 7 computer to boot from USB flash drive.
- Step 5: Insert USB win 7 password recovery disk to the locked computer, and restart it to boot from recovery disk.
- Step 6: When Spower password program starts, select win 7 user account, and click “Reset” button to remove it password.
- Step 7: Click “Reboot” to restart computer, and you can log on Windows 7 without password.
Method 3: Recover Win 7 user password with Install CD
This method is a advanced way to recover win 7 password. It require you known how to use command prompt.
- 1. Set the locked win 7 computer to boot from CD/DVD device, and boot it from Win 7 setup CD.
- 2. Choose repair Win 7 and choose command prompt mode.
- 3. Backup Utilman.exe.
- 4. Replace Utilman.exe with cmd.exe.
- 5. Reboot computer.
- 6. When command prompt appears, use net user command to reset password for locked user account: Net User <user name> <password>.
- 7. Reboot computer with install cd, and restore Utilman.exe and cmd.exe.
- 8. That is all. You can reboot computer and login with new password.