Ophcrack no partition containing hashes found what to do?
“Help please. I got an error no partition containing hashes found when I used Ophcrack to recover password on my windows 7 computer.” – Jhon Ma.
When use Ophcrack to recover forgotten password on windows 7 and windows 8 computer, many people get the error no partition containing hashes found, which means that Ophcrack cannot find the windows system on the computer. To make Ophcrack find the windows on your computer, you can try the following ways to fix the problem.
1. Install the Intel AHCI SATA Storage Driver for linux to the Ophcrack live CD before running Ophcrack.
You can get the Intel AHCI SATA Storage Driver for Linux from https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?DwnldID=23456&lang=eng.
2. Run Ophcrack on a Linux live cd which contain the driver for Intel AHCI SATA Storage.
Get Linux live cd: http://knoppix.net/get.php
If you are a computer beginner and have no idea to make ophcrack to work on your computer, I recommend you user Spower Password Reset tool to reset your forgotten password. With Spower Password tool, you just need a few steps to reset your windows password, download it, install it, create a password disk, and reset the password. More information to use Spower password tool, see http://www.windowspasswordsreset.com/windows-password-reset-guide/.
- Ophcrack doesn’t work for Windows 10 what to do?
- Chntpw doesn’t work on windows 2008
- How to make a Ophcrack USB bootable disk
- Ophcrack doesn’t work on windows 7 and win 8, how do i do?