I forgot my Windows 8 password on my laptop
October 12, 2102 | by kingblue
"Hello. I forgot my windows 8 password on my laptop, and i cannot get my work done. I tried to login with administrator account to reset my login password, but the administrator is disabled. I need to get into my computer urgent and I don't take my computer to computer shop for repairing. I need help to fix my problem. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!" - Asked by Tim.
Do you have the same issue as Tim, and are you looking for a way to recover windows 8 password and wanna get into windows immediately? Don't worry. Two effective solutions are shown for you to recover or reset windows 8 password easily.
- Forgot Windows 8 password - reset it with Spower software.
- Forgot Windows 8 password - reset it with windows 8 reset disk.
Forgot Windows 8 laptop password - Reset it with Spower password software
Spower password software is professional windows password recovery software which can help you reset forgotten password for win 8 and other version of windows without current password. You can follow the steps below to reset a lost windows 8 password in a few minutes.
Step 1: Download Spower password reset software and install it to a accessible windows. Spower password reset software can be install in windows 2000 and later.
Step 2: Create a Spower Password reset disk with Spower software.
2.1 Choose media type (You can use Spower software to create a USB or CD/DVD password reset disk):
- To create a USB password reset disk, choose USB device.
- To create a CD/DVD password reset disk, choose CD/DVD.
2.2 Create a USB password reset disk:
2.3 Create a CD/DVD password reset disk:
Step 4: Insert Spower password reset disk to the locked computer and restart it.
Step 5: When Spower program starts, follow the instructions blew to reset a new password to windows 8 user:
5.1 Select a Windows from list box.
5.2 Select a windows 8 user.
5.3 Click "Reset" to set a new password to selected user.
5.4 Click "Reboot" to restart the locked computer. When the program prompt you to take out the password reset disk, unplug the password reset disk.
Forgot Windows 8 password - Reset with windows 8 password reset disk
If you have created a windows 8 password reset disk before forgetting windows 8 password, you can use it to reset any user password of your windows 8 at any time. If you haven't create one, and you still can login windows 8 with administrator account, you can follow this guide to create one immediately.
Steps to reset forgotten windows 8 password:
1. Boot Windows 8 to the log on screen.
2. Attempt to login administrator with any password, and you will get a message that prompt "The user name or password is incorrect".
3. Click "OK" to close the message, and a text button "Reset password..." appears.
4. Click "Reset password..." to start password reset wizard.
5. Insert Windows 8 password reset disk, and follow the wizard to set a new password to the current user.
"I lost my windows 8 administrator password of my Dell laptop. I have tried many software to reset my login password, but those software cannot detect my windows. My hard drives are installed on a Raid Controller adapter, and the Raid mode is set to Raid 5. My windows 8 is installed on Raid storage. Anybody can help me solve the problem?"
- Hello, Sower Windows password reset software can help you reset lost password for win8. If your computer is Raid computer, you can use Spower Windows Password Reset Raid Edition to reset it password.
"Forgot administrator to win8 ultimate, and have no password reset disk. I need your help to help me solve the problem. My laptop does not have a CD/DVD-ROM, so I need your advise on recovering windows 8 password with USB drive."
- Hi, Spower password reset software can help you recover or reset win 8 password with USB flash drive. Just get it and have a try.
- Windows password reset
- Windows 7 password reset
- Reset windows 2008 domain admin password
- Remove administrator password
- Very good - very good effort - thank you – I was able to add a user with this version of the tool and logon! As long as the user is a member of the administrators group - I was able to reset the password of an existing administrator type account and logon. So it appears the product works fine now. Thanks, the Windows 2003 PE was a nice touch also!
- Now I have set password to all account of my PC. I don't want it to be hacked in a few second.
- Dear tech support, many thanks for your em ail. It did work. I am able to remove the admin password. Thanks