Acer laptop password recovery | Reset forgotten password for Acer PC
If forgot windows login password of our Acer laptop or desktop PC, are there some ways we can recover our Acer PC password? Yes! This article will tell you how to reset or recover standard user and administrator user password for Acer computer.
Tip: If want to recover Linux system password for Acer PC, please see How to How to reset (recover) a computer password on Windows/Linux/Mac.
Password Questions on Acer laptop
"Help! I forgot my Acer laptop login password. I have no idea on recovering my password. Help, please tell me how I can do for my laptop. My system is windows 7 start" - A user of Acer community asked.
"I forgot my Acer laptop administrator password. I cannot reset the administrator password with other standard accounts. I used ophcrack to create a live CD to find the lost password, but it said password not found. Is there any other software I can use to recover my laptop password? Thanks"
"I lost my Acer laptop admin password, can somebody tell me step by step guide to reset the password for my laptop? My system is windows xp home"
Answer to recover or reset password for Acer PC
1. Reset Acer login password with administrator account
In windows 8, 7, vista, xp, 2000, 2003, 2008 and 2012, administrator account can create, change, remove or reset the password for any other account.
Reset Acer password in windows xp, 2000, 2003:
- Step 1: Open Computer Management panel: Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools - > Computer Management.
- Step 2: Select the account you want to change or reset its password: Expand System Tools -> Expand Local User and Groups -> Click Users folder -> Click the user on right panel.
- Step 3: Reset user password: Right click a user a right panel -> Select Set Password... -> Click Proceed - > Input the new password and Click OK.
Reset Acer pc password in windows 8, 7, vista, 2008 and 2012:
Start -> Control Panel -> User Account and Family Safety (Add or remove user account) -> Select a user account -> Select Change the password -> Input new password -> Click Change password button to make password changed.
2. Reset windows password or Acer PC with password reset disk
If have a password reset for windows xp, vista, 7, 2003 and 2008, follow the instructions below to reset the password for Acer PC:
- When enter an error password, a message will prompt the user name or password is incorrect.
- Click OK, and then click Reset Password...
- Insert Windows password reset disk.
- Follow the password reset wizard to create a new password.
More information, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Reset-your-Windows-password
3. Reset or recover Acer password with Windows Password Reset program
In this section, I show you the main steps to use Windows Password Reset program to reset or recover windows 2000, xp, vista, win7, 2008 password on Acer PC.
- Download and install Spower Windows Password Reset Porfessional.
- Create a password recovery disk. USB flash drive, USB pendrive and CD/DVD can be use to create a password recover disk.
- Press BIOS Key to access BIOS Setup Utility and set Acer desktop or laptop to boot from password recovery disk.
- Insert password recovery disk to Acer PC and boot it from password recovery disk.
- Select an account and reset or remove it password.
Step by step guide to recover a PC password: How to reset windows password with Windows Password Reset Professional
Appendix: How ot access BIOS Setup Utility on Acer PC
- Aspire, Power, Veriton, Extensa, Ferrari, TravelMate, Altos - Press Del or F2 immediately after powering on
- Acer Altos 600 - Press Ctrl+Alt+Esc inmmediately after powering on
- Older Acer computers - At the first text on the screen or when the Acer logo appears, press F1 or Ctrl+Alt+Esc keys to access BIOS