I forgot my Windows 8 password on my laptop how to unlock it?
October 12, 2014 | by kingblue
"Hello. I forgot my windows 8 password on my laptop, and i cannot get my work done. I tried to login with administrator account to reset my login password, but the administrator is disabled. I need to get into my computer urgent and I don't take my computer to computer shop for repairing. I need help to fix my problem. Anyone can help? Thanks a lot!" - Asked by Tim.
Do you have the same issue as Tim, and are you looking for a way to recover windows 8 password and wanna get into windows immediately? Don't worry. Two effective solutions are shown for you to recover or reset windows 8 password easily.
- Forgot Windows 8 password - unlock it with Spower software.
- Forgot Windows 8 password - unlock it with windows 8 reset disk.
- Unlock forgotten password with ophcrack or chntpw
1. Forgot Windows 8 laptop password - Unlock it with Spower password software
Spower password software is professional windows password recovery software which can help you reset forgotten password for win 8 and other version of windows without current password. You can follow the steps below to reset a lost windows 8 password in a few minutes.
Tips: To use Spower Password software, you just need a USB stick and another computer which you can get in.
Tips: If you have a MAC computer, see How to reset or recover windows password on Mac. If you have a Linux computer, see How to create windows 8 password reset disk on Linux. If you want to create a windows password reset disk on another windows computer, follow the steps below.
Step 1: Download Spower password reset software and install it to another accessible windows computer.
Step 2: Run Spower software. Insert USB disk, click "USB Device", and then click "Begin Burning" to make a Spower Password disk.
If want to create a CD/DVD password disk, see Spower Windows Password Reset User Guide.
Step 3: Boot your windows 8 computer from the Spower password disk. If you have no idea on boot your computer from the USB disk or CD disk, please refer to How to set a computer boot from USB flash drive, or How to set a computer boot from CD/DVD-ROM.
Step 4: When you see the screen as below, you can choose a user account, and unlock its password.
Step 5: Click "Reboot" to restart your computer and you can login your windows 8 computer without password.
2. Forgot Windows 8 password - Unlock it with windows 8 password reset disk
If you have created a windows 8 password reset disk before forgetting windows 8 password, you can use it to reset any user password of your windows 8 at any time. If you haven't create one, and you still can login windows 8 with administrator account, you can follow this guide to create one immediately.
Steps to reset forgotten windows 8 password:
1. Boot Windows 8 to the log on screen.
2. Attempt to login administrator with any password, and you will get a message that prompt "The user name or password is incorrect".
3. Click "OK" to close the message, and a text button "Reset password..." appears.
4. Click "Reset password..." to start password reset wizard.
5. Insert Windows 8 password reset disk, and follow the wizard to set a new password to the current user.
3. Unlock forgotten password with Ophcrack or Chntpw
Ophcrack and Chntpw are wonderful software and they work very well on windows xp, Vista and Windows 7. Ophcrack can find the lost password by the rainbow table in a shot time, and Chntpw can reset or change the forgotten password in a few seconds. On windows 8 laptop, they may fail to find the windows 8 system for they don't have the last AHCI storage driver. So you had better use the last version on windows 8 computer. For step by step guide to use Ophcrack, you can refer to How to recover windows 8 admin password, and for Chntpw user guide, see http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd
"I lost my windows 8 administrator password of my Dell laptop. I have tried many software to reset my login password, but those software cannot detect my windows. My hard drives are installed on a Raid Controller adapter, and the Raid mode is set to Raid 5. My windows 8 is installed on Raid storage. Anybody can help me solve the problem?"
- Hello, Sower Windows password reset software can help you reset lost password for win8. If your computer is Raid computer, you can use Spower Windows Password Reset Raid Edition to reset it password.
"Forgot administrator to win8 ultimate, and have no password reset disk. I need your help to help me solve the problem. My laptop does not have a CD/DVD-ROM, so I need your advise on recovering windows 8 password with USB drive."
- Hi, Spower password reset software can help you recover or reset win 8 password with USB flash drive. Just get it and have a try.
- Windows password reset
- Windows 7 password reset
- Reset windows 2008 domain admin password
- Remove administrator password
- Very good - very good effort - thank you – I was able to add a user with this version of the tool and logon! As long as the user is a member of the administrators group - I was able to reset the password of an existing administrator type account and logon. So it appears the product works fine now. Thanks, the Windows 2003 PE was a nice touch also!
- Now I have set password to all account of my PC. I don't want it to be hacked in a few second.
- Dear tech support, many thanks for your em ail. It did work. I am able to remove the admin password. Thanks